Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Love Mustard

Pommery Mustard from France
I love mustard... but I remember too well the days of my childhood when French's yellow mustard was all you could find at the local supermarket. Pretty crummy stuff, and I don't think any foodstuff, with the possible exception of egg yolks, should be that bright a shade of yellow. Blech.

Nowadays we've got a huge assortment of mustards to choose from. Our local stores carry everything from mass market products, imported products, to quirky and offbeat concoctions from local boutique makers.

I did a search for "mustard" at Amazon in the "Grocery & Gourmet Food" category and got over 2,300 hits, including dry mustard powders for the do-it-yourselfer (I guess) and even the abominable French's yellow glop... but there were lots of very tasty looking items. Now I feel like making a sandwich....

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics